Extreme 15/16" (2.38 cm) Recessed and Flush Ceiling Track Installation Instructions
Read about the recessed ceiling mount kit (AH-ACC-BKT-80211AC-KIT) in this topic. Install access points with the recessed ceiling mount kit using this topic.
This document describes how to install AP100-series (except for AP121and AP141), AP200-series, and AP500-series devices in dropped ceilings with 15/16” (2.38 cm) flushed or recessed ceiling tracks.
- Recessed bracket set for 15/16” (2.38 cm) wide ceiling tracks
- Flush mounting bracket set for 15/16” (2.38 cm) wide ceiling tracks
The installation steps are identical for all AP models and for both bracket sets.
Before you begin, remove the ceiling tiles adjacent to the installation location. You will most likely need a ladder to gain visibility to the track from above, and you may need to drill a small hole in the adjacent ceiling tile to accommodate the cables.
The bracket set consists of two halves that are joined together over the track. It is a good idea to practice snapping them together and taking them apart first as it can be difficult to see what is happening when you actually attach the brackets to the track. For this reason, a ladder provides greater visibility during the installation process.
- It can be difficult to remove the bracket from the ceiling track once it is installed. Removal involves applying pressure to one side of the bracket with a screwdriver or similar tool to push the bracket set apart and disengage the locking tabs.
The following steps and the illustration explain how the bracket set clicks together.
- Insert the tabs into the slots. Make sure the locking tabs can slide smoothly one behind the other.
- Slide the two bracket halves in the directions shown to lock the tabs.
- When the locking tabs click into place, the bracket ends will line up as shown.
The image below shows the bracket set attached to the track (as seen from below the track).
Use the following steps to install the track bracket set on the ceiling track.
- Remove the ceiling tiles to gain access to the track where you plan to install the AP.
- Slip a bracket half over each side of the track so that the track fits into the bracket guide.
- Connect the bracket halves by inserting the tabs in to the slots and sliding the pieces together until they click into place.
Attach the AP to the Ceiling Track
Once you have installed the bracket set on the ceiling track, you can mount the device directly to the bracket. Some APs have built-in hardware that allows for either a square or diagonal mount. Other devices can be mounted in a square position using the built-in hardware, but can be mounted in a diagonal position using a secondary mounting bracket. Once the bracket set is installed, the mounting process is the same as for a standard ceiling track. For standard ceiling track installation instructions, visit www.aerohive.com/quick and select the icon for the device you are installing.
- It is easier to install power and network cables before you mount the device. Install and align external antennas (where necessary) for optimal reception after you install the device.
Copyright © Extreme Networks, Inc. 6480 Via Del Oro, San Jose CA, 95119 USA