AP141 5-GHz Directional Antenna Installation
Read about and view specifications for the AP141 5-GHz directional antenna (AH-ACC-141-ANT-5, MARS part number M300310400015) in this topic. Install the access point with the antenna using this topic.
Compliance Information: For compliance information for these devices, see http://www.aerohive.com/support/tech-docs-and-online-training.
This section explains how to install an Extreme Networks AP141 5-GHz directional point-to-point antenna and connect it to an AP141 access point. The AH-ACC-141-ANT-5 (MARS part number M300310400015) is an indoor dual-band lightweight antenna that is well suited for applications where a 120° H-plane and a 70° E-plane are optimal. These antennas are typically corner-mounted in pairs, facing each other and with no obstructions between them.
The AP141 5-GHz directional antenna kit includes the following items:
- AP141 5-GHz 5-dBi antenna (Extreme Networks part number AH-ACC-141-ANT-5, MARS part number M300310400015)
- (4) 1.25" x 1/8" (32 mm x 3 mm) cross-head screws
- (4) 1.25" (32mm) drywall and concrete wall anchors
To install this antenna you will need a cross-head screwdriver, a drill with a 1/8" (32 mm) bit, a hammer, and an RF test meter for 5-GHz devices.
Read and follow these safety instructions and hazard warnings before installing this antenna.
|To install this antenna you must be a qualified installation professional, licensed or certified in accordance with local regulations.|
|To comply with radio frequency exposure limits, do not place this antenna within 26" (65 cm) of people.|
|Use only attachments and accessories specified by Extreme Networks.|
|Do not locate the antenna near overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can come into contact with such circuits. During installation, exercise extreme care not to come into contact with these circuits, which can cause serious injury or death. For proper installation of the product, refer to national and local electrical codes: NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 70, National Electrical Code Article 810 (U.S.); Canadian Electrical Code, Part I, CSA 22.1 and Section 54 (Canada); and if local or national electrical codes are not available, refer to IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) 364, Part 1 through 7 (other countries).|
|Do not connect or disconnect antennas or cables from the AP141 during periods of lightning activity.|
To provide unobstructed RF coverage, mount the AP141 antenna so that it has at least a three-foot (one-meter) clearance from any nearby obstructions. For best coverage, these antennas are typically installed in pairs, directly facing each other, and with no obstructions between them.
After checking that you have all the materials and tools necessary, and familiarizing yourself with the safety and hazard warnings, you are ready to install the antenna. The following illustration shows the front and back panels of the antenna, the cables, and the mounting hardware.
The following steps describe how to attach the AP141 antenna to a wall.
- Use the antenna chassis as a template by holding it up to the wall and marking the wall through the holes on the chassis using a long nail or other thin, sharp tool.
- Drill a hole at each mark using a drill and drill bit.
- Hammer the wall anchors into the holes.
- Attach the antenna to the wall using the cross-head screws provided. The antenna must be within easy reach of the AP141 (the cables are 2.5' or 76.20 cm long).
- Connect the antenna cables to the 5-GHz jacks on the AP141.
- You can use 2.4 GHz antennas in addition to the 5-GHz directional antenna. Always install a 50-Ohm load terminator on any unused antenna connector.
This section describes the hardware specifications for the AP141 5-GHz directional antenna.
- Frequency range: 5.150-5.875 GHz
- Bandwidth: 700 MHz
- Gain: 2x 5 dBi
- Polarization: Dual slant +|- 45°
- Width and height: 7.9" (200 mm), depth: 1.25" (33 mm)
- Weight: 8.36 oz (260 gr)
- Input power, maximum: 20 Watts
- Input impedance: 50 Ohms
- Operating temperature: -40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)
- Humidity: ETS 300 019-1-4, EN 302 085 (annex A.1.1)
- Environmental compliance: UL94
Copyright © Extreme Networks, Inc. 6480 Via Del Oro, San Jose CA, 95119 USA