Wall Mount Bracket Installation Instructions
Read about the wall mount bracket kit (AH-ACC-BKT-WP-KIT) in this topic. Install a device with the bracket kit using this topic.
This document describes how to mount Extreme Networks AP models with built-in mounting hardware on a wall or other vertical surface using the wall mount bracket.
- Wall mount bracket
- (2) Torx® #8 pan head security screws: M2.5 x 6 mm
You will need a drill, at least two M4x8 flat- or pan-head wall mount screws and anchors if necessary (not included in the kit), and a Torx screwdriver or driver bit that will fit the #8 Torx security screws.
Use at least one wall mount screw on the top and one on the bottom of the bracket. Install the bracket directly over a wall outlet for direct access to your cable. If you are mounting the device on drywall, we recommend you use wall anchors with the mounting screws to ensure stability.
- Use the bracket as a template to mark the hole locations.
- Drill holes slightly smaller in diameter than the bracket holes to accommodate mounting screws.
- Install wall anchors, if necessary.
- Attach the bracket to the wall using M4x8 flat- or pan-head wall mount screws and anchors, if needed. The illustration below shows the bracket being installed horizontally over a wall outlet, but it can also be installed vertically, and with any side of the bracket facing up.
Attach the AP to the bracket by inserting the mounting hardware on the back of the AP between the flanges on the bracket, as shown in the illustration.
Push the security tabs in and install a Torx #8 security screw in the hole on the side of each tab. If the tabs are difficult to slide, loosen the screws on the top of the tab. To unlock the device, remove the security screw and slide the tabs away from the device.
Copyright © Extreme Networks, Inc. 6480 Via Del Oro, San Jose CA, 95119 USA